cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LAN to LAN VPN Question

nheidler
Level 1
Level 1

I have a LAN to LAN VPN session set up between myself and another company. It is working fine. However, I do have one quesiton.

Is is possible to limit what the other company sees to a single IP addrress? I have the single IP set up in my VPN, but I don't know if it is actually limiting the other company or if they have access to the whole subnet.

3 Replies 3

pdentico
Level 1
Level 1

As long as the acl on your side is locked down to the single address it will only allow that single address no matter what they have in their acl.

Ok, I see what you mean about the ACL, but still a little fuzzy.

The LAN to LAN is set up between two 3000 series concentrators only, there is no PIX involved.

The only ACL I see on the VPN admin page is to limit access to the admin functions of the box.

Within the VPN administration web page, under LAN to LAN connecitons, on MY local network I have an IP of 172.16.219.5 listed. Does this limt the other company to JUST that IP, or are they opened up to all of the 219 network?

The other company's administrator must specify the single 172.16.219.5

address as well, otherwise the tunnel will not be established with the

diagnostics: "Tunnel rejected: Policy not found for Src:... Dst: ...!" In other

words the 2 configurations must mirror each other.

But, ..., I'm not sure whether it is a RFC requirement to check "proxy identities"

(protected address ranges) or not. So, it would be wise to add filter to the

LAN2LAN tunnel. You can do this on the LAn-to-LAN setup page.

Regards,

Oleg Tipisov,

REDCENTER,

Moscow

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: