Views
Helpful
Replies

Large enterprise security deployment

c.peter
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Sirs,

I'm interested to get hands-on information about the way Cisco gear can handle the security issues in large real-world enterprise networks. What I mean is that I need to know if and what management tools (CSPM, CW, etc.) can/must be used in such networks to reliably manage firewalling, AAA, IPSec, AND routing, WITHOUT getting into extensive CLI configuring/debugging.

Thank you in advance

3 Replies 3

s.jankowski
Level 4
Level 4

Wow. There’s a loaded question. I think the best place to start is with Cisco’s SAFE blueprint. There is a lot of information to get you started at www.cisco.com/go/safe

chsmith
Level 1
Level 1

In my opinion you have to be good at CLI. It is a lot like high school when you could not use a calulator until you understood how to do it on paper. The tools are good adn do provide a good interface. It never replaces a good engineer who can get to the command line though. Good luck. I am using many of the tools you listed.

adushey
Level 1
Level 1

You'll need a tried and tested Security expert who can help you design and implement, then transfer that knowledge to you. There's no canned way to approach this at a large enterprise level.

Aaron

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: