Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Limiting certain groups in NT domain to VPN to network

I have configured our VPN 3015 to get their authentication via our NT domain. My question is. Is there a way to limit authentication to a certain global group in the domain. For example I want to limit only users that are in the global group "VPNACCESS" to access our vpn..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Limiting certain groups in NT domain to VPN to network

If you have a user that has the correct infomation and has a valid user/pass on the NT domain they will be able to connect. SInce you don't know what ip address your clients are coming from more than likely, you wont really be able to restrict that via the concentrator. Unless you put this information on another device its not gonna be possible. You could use the local database on the concentrator for authentication or send it to a radius server if you want to restrict the users. If there is anything, it will be on your global group permissions on your server.

Kurtis Durrett

1 REPLY

Re: Limiting certain groups in NT domain to VPN to network

If you have a user that has the correct infomation and has a valid user/pass on the NT domain they will be able to connect. SInce you don't know what ip address your clients are coming from more than likely, you wont really be able to restrict that via the concentrator. Unless you put this information on another device its not gonna be possible. You could use the local database on the concentrator for authentication or send it to a radius server if you want to restrict the users. If there is anything, it will be on your global group permissions on your server.

Kurtis Durrett

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content