cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Linksys BEFVP41 to PIX 515 VPN - can ping but all else fails...

dqualls
Level 1
Level 1

I've got a successful tunnel running, sort of. I can ping workstations on either side just fine. From the PIX side I can ping the internal LAN port on the Linksys but from the Linksys side, I can't ping the internal port of the PIX, only the external port. From the PIX itself I can't ping diddly on the Linksys side.

All attempts to view pages on the Intranet server behind the PIX fail, as does connectivity to servers for other applications. Found 1 post regarding this and it talked about setting the MTU lower to allow for the overhead of the 56 bytes for the IPSEC header, other than that I can't find anything that is similar.

Anyone run into this before? Let me re-phrase that, anybody run into this before and solve it?

Thanks in advance!!

2 Replies 2

owillins
Level 6
Level 6

The sysopt connection permit-ipsec command allows inbound vpn traffic to bypass the translation table. Guess you would need to add this command on the PIX.

You could do a debug and check if the users behind the Linksys are able to ping the servers behind the PIX to confirm this.

Hope this helps.

Sorry, I should have posted back when Aamir helped me out.

The sysopt connection permit-ipsec was the answer.

Updating to ver 6.3 on the Pix made it even better.

Thanks for the reply though!!