Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

Linksys VPN Router to VPN IOS Router Reliability

I need to know if anyone has had experience using a lan-to-lan Linksys VPN router (RV042 or similar) to an 7204 router VPN router? What experiences have you had? How is reliability of the Linksys VPN router (mean time, IPSec tunnel drops)? And any other experiences I should know what I'm getting into.

Also, is it possible to use a Linksys VPN router (RV042) to connect to a DMVPN solution using GRE?

Thanks,

Jerome

4 REPLIES
Community Member

Re: Linksys VPN Router to VPN IOS Router Reliability

That's a great question...I have been having problems with a setup like this. Check out my post here:

http://forums.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Virtual%20Private%20Networks&topic=General&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Ddisplay_location%26location%3D.1ddc8009

It's actually not too bad now, and I am using it in a production environment until my pix arrives. But the tunnel will still drop for no obvious reason, I have decided to go with a pix 501 instead of a linksys router. Hope that helps,

Community Member

Thanks for the info. This is helpful for me.

If possible, can you share your configuration for both Linksys and IOS router. Im stumped in trying to get this setup. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jerome

Community Member

Community Member

Thanks!

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content