cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Linksys wireless to VPN 3030 establishes tunnel but cannot send data

sal.esposito
Level 1
Level 1

We have an issue where remote users can create the VPN tunnel to the 3030 concentrator using their linksys wireless BEFW11s4 (rev 2.0) but cannot pass any data. Packets encrypted = 0.

When Layer 1 is replaced with a cat 5 direct connection (at the user end)everything works fine. This is the same in all cases for all users at all locations even an in house test connection.

The Cisco clients in use are rev 3.6.2a and 3.5.1.

The wireless nic in use is a 3com 3crshpw_96.

The only logical thing we seem to be able to come up with may be layer 1 or layer 2 issues such as frame size, encapsulation or fragmentation related issues but have not been able to prove, disprove or test these theories.

Has anyone seen this type of behavior before?

Thanks In Advance.

Sal

2 Replies 2

elijah.savage
Level 1
Level 1

I think this has been posted before, there is a bug with the linksys wireless firmware, the fix was actually to downgrade the version 1 box but I know you can't downgrade the version 2 boxes which you have. I hope linksys fixes this real soon.

jmceachern
Level 1
Level 1

If the network address used on the Linksys is the same as the network you are connecting to, you will not pass packets to the remote network. In other words, if your Linksys network is 192.168.1.0 (the default) and the remote network is 192.168.1.0 packets won't route. To resolve, simply change the LAN address of the Linksys to 192.168.100.1 and packets should route fine.

Joe

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: