Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Load balancing across two ASA 5520

Hi to everybody. Yesterday i've posted question about load balancing across 2 pix 525 firewalls.

Question was this:

***I'm creating network solution that ***will have two Pix 525 firewalls ***connected to two different ISPs. For ***performance reasons i would like that ***my clients connect to Internet ***through both firewalls in round robin ***fashion. What are my possibilities?

***I want to create something like ***Gateway load balancing protocol ***(GLBP) on 2800 series of router. I ***don't know and can't find out if Pix ***supports GLBP. If not, are any ***similiar solution supported?

I've recieved several answers and the answers were great.

Can anyone see my post from yesterday here on forum and check if the answers from that post are correct if I want to use ASA 5520 instead of Pix 525 ?

Any help would be great

2 REPLIES

Re: Load balancing across two ASA 5520

Hi

The active/active concept which is very much similar to GLBP in routers may help you out here..

http://cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6120/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a008054c4b7.html#wp1096075

regds

Bronze

Re: Load balancing across two ASA 5520

Hi

Yes, csico ASA 5520 can be used in place of PIX 525 for active/active load balancing. ASA gives you option to have IPS module as well, where as PIX doesn`t.

the active/active failover mechanism works the same way in ASA also and same commands work.

kindly update for further queries.

regards

aashish C

Views
Helpful
Replies