Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Users might experience few discrepancies in Search results. We are working on this on our side. We apologize for the inconvenience it may have caused.

Load Balancing StoneBeat with Cisco 4908

Hello,

I've a customer with 2 4908 at core layer and several 35xx at distribution: on 2 different 35xx are connected 2 Stonebeat servers (1 connection x switch).

Every connection between 4908 and 35xx is trunked.

I know that I need to configure on 4908 something like "mac-address-table static MAC_address_Stonebeat" on 2 ports: the first connected to the other 4908 and the second connected to the 35xx where 1 link to Stonebeat is connected.

The problem is that the command above is not present on 4908; I found the command "bridge bridge-group address mac-address {forward | discard} [interface]" that seems to do the same thing. Unfortunately I haven't a 4908 in lab to test the solution, so does anybody have already test this solution with 4908? Is it the right command? Do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks

Regards

Roberto

1 REPLY
Bronze

Re: Load Balancing StoneBeat with Cisco 4908

From my understanding of the 4908, it is more like a router and runs IOS (rather than CAT OS or SUP IOS)... so a command like this might work:

Router(config)#arp 10.10.10.10 0900.1111.2222 ARPA

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content