Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

logging connections

I'm using syslog from a 3005 and I'd like to add log entries for login success, failure and logout/disconnects. Ideally it

would record account and ip address. Could anyone help me craft the rule for these events (or point me to some helpful exampe).

thanks

2 REPLIES
Silver

Re: logging connections

Click the Events to Syslog drop-down menu button and choose the range of event severity levels to send to a syslog server by default. The choices are: None, Severity 1, Severities 1-2, Severities 1-3, Severities 1-4, Severities 1-5 and Use Event List. The default is None. Using the default means that no events are sent to a syslog server. If you choose Use Event List, configure the Event List to specify the event types to send to the syslog server.

For more information refer the url,

http://cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/vpndevc/ps2284/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00801f1f99.html#1000798

Re: logging connections

Thanks,

I ended up using configuration/system/events/classes and added class names for auth and ike for severity 1-4 to the

syslog server. This is giving me what I needed.

thanks.

John

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content