Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

loggon to windows domain

hi, all

I´m trying to implement a vpn in our offices with cisco pix firewall 515 ur and vpn client 3.5x, but we are having some troubles when we try to log in into the windows domain, it send the messages that it can not find a server to validate the user and password, I already have all the programming on the equipment as cisco recommend it, but this error still there, any sugestion?

thx

David

5 REPLIES
Silver

Re: loggon to windows domain

nt 4 domain or win2k? do you have the pix passing the dns and wins settings to clients?

it´s a win2k advanced server, and I already have the DNS and WINS services activated.

Silver

Have you tried using the connect before logon feature? On the vpn dialer, look for either a checkoff for start before login, or "Windows Logon Properties", as it varies by client version. This can allow you to connect to the vpn before attempting a local logon.

Also, with a Win 2K domain, make sure you are passing the interal DNS and WINS Servers to your vpn clients.

Hi all.

I´m passing de DNS and WINS server to my clients, I can make the connection to my network but the problem it´s that we can not login to windows domain, we tried deactiving the logon feature on the vpn client but the problem still.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content