Views
Helpful
Replies

Login problem in CSM 3.0.1 client

minidriver
Level 1
Level 1

CSM 3.0.1 SP1 on Windows 2003 SP2

I can login to the web CSM suite website (homepage), but cannot login using the same credentials using the CSM client.

This occurs after a reinstallation to attempt to resolve the problem below.

On a second CSM installation, I cannot login using the CSM client, which gives the following error:

"CMF session id cannot be assigned. Please confirm the server is running.". All services appear to be running and logfiles (all that I can find) indicate that the server is up.

The client logs show "SEVERE: Fail to connect to server xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx: 302".

Attempting to login to the web session on this server fails after attempting to load the page (which eventually times out after about 5 minutes).

1 Reply 1

Mharelson
Level 1
Level 1

If your server is a Windows box, check your environment variables under "My Computer/Advanced/Environment Variables. If the system TEMP and TMP directory that is listed does not exist, then parts of the CSM will not start correctly. If the DIR does not exist, create it and insure that casuser has full write ability (ususally will since it should be in the Admin group). Then restart the CSM processes via "net stop crmdmgtd" and "net start crmdmgtd". Be patient with the restart since it takes 3-5 min after the command finishes for the system to be fully up.