cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Logon scripts over a LAN to LAN VPN connection?

mike-greene
Level 4
Level 4

Has anyone ever had any problems running Windows logon scripts over PIX to concentrator LAN to LAN connection? It seems that some of my Windows 98 users are having to login three or four times to get a script that maps drives over the VPN.

If I log the users in then run the script it runs fine. If I copy the script to the machine it runs fine. Even when the script does not run, the user is authenticated on the domain and able to browse the network and check email.

Any ideas would be great.

Thanks in advance,

3 Replies 3

ciscomoderator
Community Manager
Community Manager

Often times complex troubleshooting issues are best addressed in an interactive session with one of our trained technical assistance engineers. While other forum users may be able to help, it’s often difficult to do so for this type of issue.

To utilize the resources at our Technical Assistance Center, please visit http://www.cisco.com/tac and to open a case with one of our TAC engineers, visit http://www.cisco.com/tac/caseopen

If anyone else in the forum has some advice, please reply to this thread.

Thank you for posting.

robhorniachek
Level 1
Level 1

Hi -

Just to be clear, you are doing something to manually trigger the login script after the VPN comes up?

We do this quite often for clients - we put a batch file on the Desktop that they run after they bring up their VPN. Works like a charm, as long as they remember to do it. It also gives the option of mapping drives or not - if you don't want to do it, you don't have to, but you still get the IP connection to the network.

Rob H

Thanks for your response Rob,

This really turned out to be a Microsoft problem and not a Cisco issue. I don't want to get to much into Microsoft on this form but in turned out that there was a sharing problem on the PDC and some of there BDC's have FAT system partitions. So if the user authinicated on the BDC it would run, but if it authinicated on the PDC they did not have permission to run the script.

Thats all I'll say about that, and thanks again for your response.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: