cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Logon Scripts over VPN

wamserb
Level 1
Level 1

I have installed VPN client 4.0.2 on my home pc (DSL) When I run, it connects fine. I am able to map drives etc, but I would really like to have my network logon script run. We use ScriptLogic. Any suggestions?

1 Reply 1

travis-dennis_2
Level 7
Level 7

If your DSL is "Always on" and you do not have to do anything to get onto the Internet you can enable the "Start Before Logon" under Options on teh software client. This prompts the software to come up when you hit ctr alt del to log onto your PC. The software will come up and create a tunnel to your head end device. You will authenticate using your network credentials. A tunnel is now establsihed. Now when you log onto your PC you will be actually logging onto your network and your log on scripts should fire up. If you do not have the "Always on" DSL you can set the software to stil "Start before logon" but there is also an application launcher selection under Options as well. If there is a program you need to launch to get onto the Internet simply browse to that programs executbale file from Application launcher. Now when you hit ctrl atl del the VPN software comes up and launches the app needed to get to the Internet. Hope this helps!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: