cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Looking for feedback

smckenna
Level 1
Level 1

I ran in to problems yesterday at a customer where I could not get any of my ACLs working correctly. Outbound Internet worked fine but nothing could come in via the ACLs. Does this config look ok? The customer has a lot of internal problems with their DNS, Routing in their network etc. etc. So I'm wondering if it has more to do with that or with the config I had running. I changed the IPs but if this isn't helpful enough please let me know. As always thanks for the help!!

1 Reply 1

jmia
Level 7
Level 7

Apart from one slight ‘typo’ on your static for POP3 – you forgot to add the protocol (TCP) on the static, it looks okay to me. Did you issue clear xlate after saving the configuration?

Can you telnet from an outside network to port (say) 25 for smtp on you public IP for mail service? Or even the other ports for your relevant services??

Have a read of the following document, which might be of help:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/vpndevc/ps2030/products_tech_note09186a0080094aad.shtml

Hope this helps a little and let me know how you get on.

Jay

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: