cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

lose mapped drives in win2k

aboxberger
Level 1
Level 1

i lose access to mapped network drives after installation of vpn client. can anyone help? thanks

9 Replies 9

travis-dennis_2
Level 7
Level 7

Are you saying they are dsisconnected or are completly gone?

I have some shared folders on an NT server that a client maps as network drives. As soon as I install VPN Client for WIN2000, I get a "network error "message when I try to access these folders.....

And this happens while you are connected to the VPN?

nope. just as soon as the vpn client is installed

I think I am a little confused about your problem. How are you connected to the network when you are trying to access these resources?

the pc is on our lan in dublin, ireland. the shared folders (seen on pc as a mapped drive) reside on a nt server on the same lan. these drives become inaccessible once the vpn client is installed on the pc. (we are using it to get to a vpn in our parent office in new york; the drives disappear even before a vpn connection is made). p.s. thanks for taking the time to help

hmmm......what version of the client are you using? The VPN client is not set to "start before login" is it? Can you ping anything else on the network?

I have been unable to successfully establish a VPN connection from a MCS-7835 (Compaq DL380).

Is there something unique about the Windows 2000 Server/SQL 7 operating system install configuration that disables VPN capability?

Thanks in advance to anyone who might be able to shed some light on this subject!

F C Wood

fc@wood.org

it is a cisco vpn 5000 4.2.4 client for windows 2k. i have tried disabling vpn service etc, but to no avail. thanks for your help, but don't worry about it if the solution isn't obvious. it would have been ideal to have the client running on a couple of 2000 machines, but we can provide access to the vpn using a client on a 9x machine. thanks again.