cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MAC authtication via ACS 4.0

acharyr123
Level 3
Level 3

I have Wireless AP configured fo SSID authentication. I want to create MAC ids of end user machines in the ACS so that any user who wants to go to internet can go via SSID & MAC authentication simultaneously.

Is it possible? If so please share me the links to get the documents. Also if any body wants to value add something please go ahead...

1 Reply 1

mfreijser
Level 1
Level 1

I think what you're asking about is called Network Access Restrictions (NAR). It enables you to define authorization and authentication conditions that must be met before a user can access the network.

In your case this means that someone's MAC-address should be listed in the ACS-server, else it won't get internet access.

I couldn't find a configuration guide for version 4.0, so here's one for 4.1! That should also contain enough information about configuring NAR:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_secure_access_control_server_for_windows/4.1/configuration/guide/cfg41.html

Please rate if the post is usefull!

Regards,

Michael

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: