Level 1
Level 1

The Cisco VPN Client (3.6) does not work with

Mac OS X 10.2 wireless cards.

Has anyone received an eta

as to when this will be fixed by Cisco or found a more

acceptable workaround?

Release notes for BUG ID CSCdy41127

The Cisco Unity VPN Client V3.6 does not work on interface en1 (Apple AirPort WiFi) card when running MAC OS X 10.2

Workaround:

1. Use the Cisco Unity Client V3.6 with a wired interface for MAC OS X 10.2

2. Downgrade MAC OS X to 10.1.X

5 Replies 5

awaheed
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

With the exception of Wireless cards the v3.6 should work on the MAC OS x 10.2 so if you are having any issues with it, kindly go ahead and open up a TAC case to troubleshoot your issue.

Thanks and Regards,

Aamir

-=-

right, the issue my users are having is with their

wireless cards.

Do you know when this is going to be fixed and/or

a better workaround (it's not reasonable for me to

tell users to downgrade so they can get on our

wireless network).

Hi,

I totally agree with you that downgrade is not really a good workaround, but Cisco has not yet officially support the MAC OS x 10.2 with Wireless due to these issues and as soon as the issues are fixed through further testing we will update the Bug and integrate it in the interim built.

Kindly feel free to open a TAC case for further updates,

Regards,

Aamir

-=-

This issue was worse than indicated above; in our case, Macs equipped with wireless cards could not use the client -at all-. 3.6.1 has resolved that, in that all Macs we have can now connect and use the client via en0, but there is still an issue with en1+.

Hi,

Have you verified that this doesn't work with the en1+ wireless cards? Do they work with the en0 or en1 cards? If you have some specific situation whihc is being duplicated at your site in this regard. Kindly open a TAC case and let us know so that a bug can be filed on this if it is duplicated.

Thanks and Regards,

Aamir

-=-=-