cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Mac OS X 10.3 and VPN Client 4.0 not working.

williammoore
Level 1
Level 1

Last night I upgraded to Panther. Now my VPN Cient is unable to contact the server (Unable to establish Phase 1 SA with server "xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx" because of "DEL_REASON_PEER_NOT_RESPONDING"). It worked OK yesterday with Jaguar. The server is a PIX firewall, but I don't know which version of the software it is running.

Putting "UseLegacyIKEPort=0" into the profile as described in the VPN Client FAQ didn't make any difference.

Next I tried using a dial-up connection instead of my local network to see if my local firewall was causing the problem. I still got the same error.

I'll be very grateful if anyone can suggest what I need to do to make this work (apart from go back to Jaguar).

The connection profile is listed below.

Thanks in advance.

William

[main]

Description=Infibail Server

Host=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

AuthType=1

GroupName=xxxxxx

GroupPwd=

enc_GroupPwd=XXXXXXXXXXX

Username=

UserPassword=

enc_UserPassword=

SaveUserPassword=0

EnableBackup=0

BackupServer=

EnableLocalLAN=1

EnableNat=1

TunnelingMode=0

TcpTunnelingPort=10000

ForceKeepAlives=0

PeerTimeout=90

CertStore=0

CertName=

CertPath=

CertSubjectName=

CertSerialHash=00000000000000000000000000000000

SendCertChain=0

VerifyCertDN=

DHGroup=2

UseLegacyIKEPort=0

EnableISPConnect=0

ISPConnectType=0

ISPConnect=

ISPCommand=

NTDomain=

EnableMSLogon=1

MSLogonType=0

1 Reply 1

williammoore
Level 1
Level 1

I have now got this to work.

Here are the steps I went through:

1. Uninstalled the VPN Client and restarted the computer.

2. Re-installed the VPN Client and restarted the computer. It still didn't work.

3. Uninstalled the VPN Client again and this time made sure all the files on the system which might be related to it were removed. Then restarted the computer.

4. Reinstalled the VPN Client. This time without "UseLegacyIKEPort=0" in the profile. Then restarted the computer.

5. It worked.

I imagine not all of these steps are necesaary, but it may help someone else who finds a similar problem.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: