Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Mac Wifi vpn problem and XP hanging upon install problem

Hey there,

Here are 2 problems that have been submitted to me for which I haven't much info...

First, one client,using his Mac laptop (Mac OS X)seems to have disconnection problems. Here's a extract of his log:

19:07:48.779 03/24/2004 Sev=Warning/3 IKE/0xC3000065

Could not find an IKE SA for <IP>.

KEY_REQ aborted.

19:07:48.779 03/24/2004 Sev=Warning/2 IKE/0xC3000099

Failed to initiate P2 rekey: Error dectected (Initiate:176)

19:07:48.779 03/24/2004 Sev=Warning/2 IKE/0xC3000099

Unable to initiate QM (IKE_MAIN:458)

He doesn't loose his connections while using his laptop in a wired environment but whenever he uses his Wifi connections he gets disconnected...

Second problem: A woman who's trying to install a client but who's XP machine hangs during install, thus making it impossible to install the client...In my opinion her problem is not the vpn client, rather her machine but I have yet to demonstrate it. It's the first time I hear of an XP hanging like that while installing the cisco client.

anyways, thanks...

M.

• Other Security Subjects
2 REPLIES
Anonymous
N/A

Re: Mac Wifi vpn problem and XP hanging upon install problem

I just bought a laptop and I had to install the Cisco VPN Client to access my university's network, but I also have the same problem with XP crashing. It blue-screened twice when I tried to install it, then on the third time worked fine. The client itself subsequently didn't work and merely said that the "VPN sub-system is not available."

I tried to uninstall then reinstall the client, and now all I get is an error msg stating that "Add plugin failed". I think it has something to do with the DNE but I have absolutely no idea what. :)

Thanks

P.S. The laptop is a P-M 1.5Ghz running XP Pro.

Anonymous
N/A

Re: Mac Wifi vpn problem and XP hanging upon install problem

We're you able to resolve this issue? I have the same problem.

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.