cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Management of FWSM blade - Catalyst 6509

v.nastase
Level 1
Level 1

Can I use CiscoWorks VMS v2.1 to obtain information (syslog traffic) from FWSM blade - Catalyst 6509 ?

In case of no, what management product could be used in order to perform the management ?

Thanks for help me

4 Replies 4

sghosh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

The Firewall MC software version 1.1.2 will have the capability to monitor FWSM blade using 1.1.1 and 1.1.2 software which is a part of the VMS 2.1 bundle.

www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/rtrmgmt/cw2000/mgt_pix/pix_111/pxdvc112.htm#43923

Thanks

Sujit

sorry sujit. the information you give wasn't correct.

VMS 2.1 does support FWSM 1.1.x - BUT:

VMS 2.1 does NOT support syslog messages :-)

it's comming within Security Monitor 1.2

regards, m@thi.as

m
Level 1
Level 1

hi v.

no you can NOT !!

the VMS 2.1 does not support FWSM syslog messages.

you still have to wait until the packet called "Security Monitor 1.2" which is to install on top of common-services.

dwalsh
Level 1
Level 1

I'll just add that the NMS team does not recommend dumping PIX syslog information to CW2K. Apparently, it fills up the log database too quickly and recovery is a bit of a bugger. I just downloaded Kiwi Syslog Daemon and have it running on another PC and use WinGrep to search through it.

Hope this helps.

Dave

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: