Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Manual Uninstall of 3.61

I am trying to manually uninstall 3.6.1 since everytime I reboot this Windows 2000 system, it tries to install it. I have it now so that I have shut down the installer, but that is only part of it.

Does anyone know how to stop this?

Thanks

Dwane

• Other Security Subjects
4 REPLIES

Re: Manual Uninstall of 3.61

Heres a link to uninstall 3.5 which should be the same process on uninstalling 3.6 http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/471/vpn3K_uninstall.html

Kurtis Durrett

I tried this, but the Windows Installer kept trying to restart. I even tried to unregister the Windows Installer, rename some msi files and then register and in between I did this. And it still came back up.

I appreciate it though.

Dwane

Here is another method that was sent to me by the TAC

This is the registry key that we look for an MSI install HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{3E5562ED-69AB-4CEC-91E2-64E18EC5ACC6}. Delete this key and try to reinstall. This should take care of both problems.

What I ended up doing was, repairing the Win 2000 installation and reinstalling the SP. That corrected it. Thanks for all your help.

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.