cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Manual Uninstall of 3.61

dpatkins
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to manually uninstall 3.6.1 since everytime I reboot this Windows 2000 system, it tries to install it. I have it now so that I have shut down the installer, but that is only part of it.

Does anyone know how to stop this?

Thanks

Dwane

4 Replies 4

kdurrett
Level 3
Level 3

Heres a link to uninstall 3.5 which should be the same process on uninstalling 3.6 http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/471/vpn3K_uninstall.html

Kurtis Durrett

I tried this, but the Windows Installer kept trying to restart. I even tried to unregister the Windows Installer, rename some msi files and then register and in between I did this. And it still came back up.

I appreciate it though.

Dwane

dpatkins
Level 1
Level 1

Here is another method that was sent to me by the TAC

This is the registry key that we look for an MSI install HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{3E5562ED-69AB-4CEC-91E2-64E18EC5ACC6}. Delete this key and try to reinstall. This should take care of both problems.

dpatkins
Level 1
Level 1

What I ended up doing was, repairing the Win 2000 installation and reinstalling the SP. That corrected it. Thanks for all your help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: