cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

map multiple public IP addresses to one private IP

chicagotech
Level 1
Level 1

The small company hosts multiple secure web sites (HTTPS). The ISP assigns all public IP addresses to one server with a private IP without blocking any ports (ISP manages the router). They programmed the server point each public IP address to a different private IP address, for example, x.x.x.1 to 192.168.1.2, x.x.x.2 to 192.168.1.3. I suggest them to buy a Cisco PIX 506 to do NAT. They worry adding Cisco firewall will bring a problem and they don’t want to make any changes on the web server. Can I map multiple public IP addresses to one private IP address, for example x.x.x1 to x.x.x.5 pointing to 192.168.1.2? If yes, what are the command lines?

1 Reply 1

Fernando_Meza
Level 7
Level 7

Hi .. unfortunately if you are using the same port .i.e https for accessijng then you Can't. You can only map one to one .. or you could use port forwarding but every accessed port will need to be different. What you could do is to create virtual adapters on your Web server with another IP address and map the second public IP to the second adapter and so ..on .. In that way you can still reach the same physical box using different PUblic IPs

I hope it helps .. please rate if it does !!!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: