Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

You may experience some slow load times, errors, and slight inconsistencies. We ask for your patience as we finalize the launch. Thank you.

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started.

mapping external IP to internal for FTP and other services

This should be so simple but I cannot get this to work. I am trying to map an external IP to a server on the network. I have the ACL and static statements in place but still can't connect from the outside. I have a feeling that some NAT statement somewhere is still blocking access. If anyone can offer some advice on this issue it would greatly be appreciated. Attached is my current config. Thanks in advance for any assistance.

• Other Security Subjects
2 REPLIES

Re: mapping external IP to internal for FTP and other services

Just modify access-list outside_in , so that the source of the traffic is any and the destination is host 69.153.241.34.

It would look like this:

access-list outside_in permit tcp any host 69.153.241.34 eq ftp

access-list outside_in permit tcp any host 69.153.241.34 eq www

access-list outside_in permit tcp any host 69.153.241.34 eq 2401

If you are still having issues after making the above change, I would also make sure that the PIX's default gateway (router at 69.153.241.33) , doesn't have an inbound acl on it's wan interface.

Re: mapping external IP to internal for FTP and other services

That worked!! I knew it was something simple that I was overlooking. Thanks a bunch!!

Views
Helpful
Replies