Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Mapping network drives accross VPN using ISDN Internet access

We're using a VPN Concentrator and VPN Client for remote access. We have no problems mapping drives when using adsl or gprs as an access method but when we use ISDN to dial an ISP the server cannot be found by the PC, name resolution is fine as we can ping the server. We've tried a number of ISP's

I suspect this is more of a Windows problem and something to do with speed of connection to the server but can't prove it.

Anyone else experienced this???

Thanks

4 REPLIES

Re: Mapping network drives accross VPN using ISDN Internet acces

Just recently testing a VPN connection with a modem dialup, we found that name resolution is not working. From "ipconfig /all" output (the OS is Win2K Pro) , the NetBios over TCP/IP is disabled by default. Enabling the "Microsoft Windows client" by from the Dial-up Networking tab, does solve the problem. You may check also in your ISDN dial-up if the "Microsoft Windows client" is enabled or not.

HTH,

Engel

thanks we'll give it a go

Anonymous
N/A

I found this great document called 'Troubleshooting Microsoft Network Neighborhood After Establishing a VPN Tunnel With the Cisco VPN Client' yesterday. It is located at http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/471/vpn-net-hood.html. I guess you could bookmark it for future reference too.

looks good thanks v much

Views
Helpful
Replies