Views
Helpful
Replies

MARS 4.2 and CSAgent 5.1 Integration

pmccubbin
Level 5
Level 5

Two questions regarding CSA 5.1 and MARS 4.2.2:

1. Anybody have any experiences with the integration of MARS and CSA MC? In particular, what types of CSA events did you find were most useful to have trigger

an alert to MARS?

2. Am I correct that there is currently no way to customize the types of alerts in CSA which can trigger an email message or an SNMP trap to a MARS box? I don't see anyway to do this under the Alerts section of the Events pull-down menu.

Thank you in advance!

5 Replies 5

pmccubbin
Level 5
Level 5

To answer my own first question:

We have added CSA MC to MARS and have CSA MC forward SNMP events to MARS. MARS then discovered all the devices that were reporting to CSA MC automatically. This is a very cool feature when you have version 4.x of MARS and 5.x of CSA.

I believe the answer to my second question involves using Event Sets to customize the types of alerts in CSA which can trigger an email message or an SNMP trap to MARS.

I'll post again after testing it. Though if I am mistaken somebody please set me straight.

Thanks in advance!

Hi, I am running the same setup (CSA MC 5.1 reportint to MARS 4.2.2) but having some issues getting the MARS to properly pars the SNMP traps from the CSA MC. Did you do anything special (beyond what the documentation says)?

Thanks,

Apps

We did nothing beyond what the documentation states. To bring me up to speed you added the CSA MC into MARS and you also configured the CSA MC to send traps to MARS, correct? There are no firewalls or ACLs that could be blocking SNMP, right?

We initially had all event sent to MARS but have since limited this to only the events the client was interested in seeing.

Please state the issues and maybe someone will be able to assist. Cheers!

It doesn't appear to be a networking issue because the MARS logs show it receiving the SNMP traps from the MC. It appears the MARS is having a problem parsing the data. I will try deleting the CSA MC object in MARS and recreate to see if it helps. I have also opened a TAC case to see if they have any ideas...Apps

Problem solved. I opened a TAC case and found it was related to a known bug: CSCsg44725. Then, several days later the CSA agents started showing up and reporting to the MARS console.