Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MARS and Symantec AV Corp

A few MARS questions regarding SAV CE.

1. Can someone explain why MARS would need to import a list of the SAV clients? Why does it need to store each host as a reporting device when the traps are coming from the SAV server?

2. If my SAV admin adds new clients in the future then I would have to manually do a diff and import the new ones?

3. How do I select multiple reporting devices and hide them in the cloud? By default, MARS is showing all 2500 SAV clients as individual host in the topology map. (What a mess, and so useless)

Thanks in advance,

Ryan

3 REPLIES
Silver

Re: MARS and Symantec AV Corp

Are you attempting to load the CSV file from Admin -> Security and Monitor Devices?

Yep. I used these instructions listed in the user guide: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6241/products_user_guide_chapter09186a00804f711a.html#wp1033094

The SAV administrator for our campus provided the exported CSV file from the SAV server.

Apparently, MARS has very little compatibility with SAV 10.x. I was hoping MARS would be able to parse some of the alerts but no luck so far. I guess my previous questions are moot now. I would still be interested in the details of the need for the SAV client list.

Regards,

Ryan

Thanks for the note about SAV 10.x. Probably would have found out the same thing here soon.

Apparently the Symantec CSV import has a known bug (you cannot repeat the import process again later on - which is a real problem - what happens if/when the AV client landscape changes - how would you tell MARS about the new layout without a re-import?)

According to Cisco TAC, MARS 4.2.1 is supposed to be able to learn the Symantec AV structure now (no need to import anything). I have not been able to test this since there are so many problems on the Symantec side here (AMS, etc.).

AV reporting in MARS in general could use a lot of work - and hopefully Cisco will extend this beyond Symantec to other AV providers (e.g. Trend).

-randy

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content