Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

MARS email alert notifications

hi

when a rule fires on MARS, and the incident triggers an email alert, the contents of that email contain the incident #, the name of the rule that fired, and the respective links to the incident details.

Is there any way to customize the email alerts (e.g. add some other incident-specific parameters to the message)?

thanks

-randy

6 REPLIES

Re: MARS email alert notifications

Hi,

Based on the v4.2 doc, the alert notifications cannot be customized. Maybe they should have that feature available too.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/ps6241/products_user_guide_chapter09186a00806b614c.html

Rgds,

AK

thanks for the info - yes it would be a nice feature.

-randy

Thanks for the reference.

Is there an improvement???

I haven't received a notification recently, but is the rule that is triggered listed in the e-mail/SMS? I don't recall seeing this on prior alarm messages, which listed an incident number only (Useless until logging onto Mars).

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

I see something like this:

The following incident occured:

Start time: Wed Sep 13 16:22:13 2006

End time: Wed Sep 13 16:22:13 2006

Fired Rule Id: 183333

Fired Rule: System Rule: DoS: Network - Attempt

Incident Id: 593670234

For more details about this incident, please go to:

etc....

-randy

I stand corrected ... it is the SMS messages that don't show any details of significance.

wasn't aware of that - I guess the ability to customize any alert type would be nice (not just email)

Views
Helpful
Replies