Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Silver

MARS Ethernet 1 Route Add Commands

I'm looking for the exact syntax for adding routes to a MARS box in order to utilize the ethernet 1 Management interface. I haven't seen much in the Cisco documentation and would prefer to see it in the context of a MARS implementation rather than simply a RedHat configuration page.

The documentation only states:

"To use eth1, you must define static routes to the destination networks for that interface."

I would like to read about implementation procedures specific to MARS and not RedHat.

Does anyone know if there is a detailed methodology for implementing the ethernet 1 Management interface, including the route adds to and from the network statements, on CCO?

Thanks in advance!

• Other Security Subjects
3 REPLIES
Silver

Re: MARS Ethernet 1 Route Add Commands

If you run the following command from an SSH window, a new route will be added to the MARS box...

HELP DOC..

inet_route [-vF] add {-host|-net} Target[/prefix] [gw Gw] [metric M][netmask N] [mss Mss] [window W] [irtt I][mod] [dyn] [reinstate] [[dev] If]

EX..

inet_route add -host 192.168.1.1 gw 172.16.1.10 interface_ip

** Please rate if this helps***

Silver

Does it also give me a route back? The problem I have encountered is that the Management host for MARS that is trying to access the Eth1 interface also needs a route back configured on the MARS box. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks!

Hello

I saw your post about the "inet_route" command to add staic route on Mars

EX

[pnadmin]$ inet_route add -net 192.168.128.0 gw 132.254.1.17 metric 1 netmask 255.255.255.0

I am trying to do that, but when I type the command on the SSH session, the Mars said : Unknown command "inet_route add...

I have the 6.0.4 (3229) version

What am I doing wrong?

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.