cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MARS Ethernet 1 Route Add Commands

pmccubbin
Level 5
Level 5

I'm looking for the exact syntax for adding routes to a MARS box in order to utilize the ethernet 1 Management interface. I haven't seen much in the Cisco documentation and would prefer to see it in the context of a MARS implementation rather than simply a RedHat configuration page.

The documentation only states:

"To use eth1, you must define static routes to the destination networks for that interface."

I would like to read about implementation procedures specific to MARS and not RedHat.

Does anyone know if there is a detailed methodology for implementing the ethernet 1 Management interface, including the route adds to and from the network statements, on CCO?

Thanks in advance!

3 Replies 3

jwalker
Level 3
Level 3

If you run the following command from an SSH window, a new route will be added to the MARS box...

HELP DOC..

inet_route [-vF] add {-host|-net} Target[/prefix] [gw Gw] [metric M][netmask N] [mss Mss] [window W] [irtt I][mod] [dyn] [reinstate] [[dev] If]

EX..

inet_route add -host 192.168.1.1 gw 172.16.1.10 interface_ip

** Please rate if this helps***

Does it also give me a route back? The problem I have encountered is that the Management host for MARS that is trying to access the Eth1 interface also needs a route back configured on the MARS box. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks!

Hello

I saw your post about the "inet_route" command to add staic route on Mars

EX

[pnadmin]$ inet_route add -net 192.168.128.0 gw 132.254.1.17 metric 1 netmask 255.255.255.0

I am trying to do that, but when I type the command on the SSH session, the Mars said : Unknown command "inet_route add...

I have the 6.0.4 (3229) version

What am I doing wrong?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: