cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MARS Signatures

scootertgm
Level 1
Level 1

Our CS-MARS 50 is at 4.2.6. Is it possible to update the signatures on it?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes, until you get to at least a certain version of MARS. And even then, only updates to the Cisco IDS signatures are done without the version upgrade.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

mhellman
Level 7
Level 7

Yes, you need to apply the latest patches. They're not cumulative, so they all have to applied. So, 4.2.7, 4.2.8, 4.3.1, 4.3.2, 4.3.3, 4.3.4. At some point (4.3.1 maybe?) MARS does get separate update functionality for Cisco IDS/IPS signatures only...but you may as well get updated all the way.

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/cs-mars

OK, I need to update the OS on the the box to be able to update the IPS signatures then?

Yes, until you get to at least a certain version of MARS. And even then, only updates to the Cisco IDS signatures are done without the version upgrade.

Thank you for the information

not sure where to ask this but here it goes....i'm currently running a beta version of 4.3.4 on one of our MARS appliances. do i have to roll it back to a previous version to upgrade to the full version of 4.3.4 or can I install it over the beta version? any help would be greatly appreciated.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: