Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message Logging in VPNC 3030 & VPNClient 4.0

When connecting over PSTN-dial-up or over Adsl. My client connects between 80% to 100% of the time. There is also a mixture of GMS & GPRS connections as well. The client doesn't successfully connect over GPRS and the logs aren't helping a great deal.

Is there any resource on CCO that details/explains the log messages generated by the VPNC GUI and the VPNCLient Log Viewer.

I'm getting the following from the VPNC3030:

221 05/29/2003 15:22:37.120 SEV=7 IKEDBG/65 RPT=7 <IP ADDR REMOVED>

Group [REMOVED]

IKE AM Responder FSM error history (struct &0x7bbffc8)

<state>, <event>:

AM_DONE, EV_ERROR_CONT

AM_DONE, EV_ERROR

AM_WAIT_MSG3, EV_TIMEOUT

AM_WAIT_MSG3, NullEvent

I have seent his collection of messages a lot and I need to work out what is going on. Is this a code issue ? The VPNC3030 is running version 3.6.7 and currently the client is a mixture of 3.6.4 and 4.0.1. Do I need to run version 4.0 on the VPNC3030 to support version 4.0.1 on the Client ?

Any help is appreciated.

2 REPLIES

Re: Message Logging in VPNC 3030 & VPNClient 4.0

The software revision on the VPN Concentrator should always be the same or higher than the clients. Especially for client 4.0.1 as it is a completely different animal to previous versions.

Regards,

Steve

Re: Message Logging in VPNC 3030 & VPNClient 4.0

Just FYI, we have users running Client version 4.0.1. The Concentrator still loaded with version 3.6.7.B . Seems like no problem with different version of Concentrator and the clients. But our tipical user connections are ADSL, modem, cable TV, leased line. Your millage may vary.

Engel

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content