cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Microsoft VPN client behind PIX 501 to PIX 515

Paul.Lane
Level 1
Level 1

I have setup a SOHO with a PIX 501 connected to a cable modem. I am running Windows 2000 servers and an XP workstation. Before the PIX 501 was placed in front, I was able to access my corporate network with the Microsoft VPN client running on one of the servers. I was authenicated into the corporate network by the PIX which is running VPN.

Now after I placed the PIX 501[with the out of the box default settings] in front of the servers I cannot connect. How can I make this work?

Thanks

2 Replies 2

afakhan
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

It seems you are using PPTP on the PIX at the corp. site, and using your PPTP client from a Workstation sitting behind theSOHO-PIX-501 from a different location(home etc.).

PAT (by default on PIX-501), would break PPTP, in that case you would need an extra routable IP address from cable provider if thas possible for your server(from where you launch PPTP client), or you can wait till PIX OS V6.3 (due out next month) which will introduce PPTP fixup.

hope it helps.

Afaq

Thank you.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: