Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Monitoring bandwidth utilisation a Frame relay link

Hi folks,

Im hoping someone can help/point me in the right direction, and dont even know if this is the correct forum, but here goes. We have a frame relay link, and I need to monitor its bandwidth utilisation over a period of time (say 1 day). This is all to gather data so that I can prepare a document on if we need to increase the bandwidth of our trunk route. Ideally Id like a load of data (say in k/sec) with a poll rate of say 5 secs or greater vs the time (say 24hours). Then dump it into Excel and plot a graph and show it to my CIO. Ive found out a few things which point to the fact that the frame is saturating (ie hitting its peak thru-put), but I have no "hard" data (just frame discards and BECN and FECN figures). Can anyone help!!??? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

2 Replies 2

shabib.syed
Level 1
Level 1

Here is a free tool that you can use to monitor bandwidth utilization.

www.mrtg.org

Looks like jus tthe thing I need...I really like the results being put into a web page idea. Many many thanks..

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: