cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

monitoring pix 515 by vpn snmp

r.becerra
Level 1
Level 1

I have pix 515e device central and i have pix 501 remote device I'm necesary monitoring by vpn in the inside but not acept the conexion

1 Reply 1

Patrick Iseli
Level 7
Level 7

Enter the management-access inside to your setup !

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/secursw/ps2120/products_command_reference_chapter09186a00801727ab.html#wp1137951

--- command reference ------------------

management-access

Enables access to an internal management interface on the firewall.

[no] management-access mgmt_if

show management-access

Syntax Description

mgmt_if

The name of the firewall interface to be used as the internal management interface.

Defaults

None.

Command Modes

The management-access mgmt_if command is available in configuration mode.

The show management-access is available in privileged mode.

Usage Guidelines

The management-access mgmt_if command enables you to define an internal management interface using the IP address of the firewall interface specified in mgmt_if. (The firewall interface names are defined by the nameif command and displayed in quotes, " ", in the show interface output.)

In PIX Firewall software Version 6.3, this command is supported for the following through an IPSec VPN tunnel only, and only one management interface can be defined globally:

•SNMP polls to the mgmt_if

•HTTPS requests to the mgmt_if

•PDM access to the mgmt_if

•Telnet access to the mgmt_if

•SSH access to the mgmt_if

•Ping to the mgmt_if

The show management-access command displays the firewall management access configuration.

Examples

The following example shows how to configure a firewall interface named "inside" as the management access interface:

pixfirewall(config)# management-access inside

pixfirewall(config)# show management-access

management-access inside

sincerely

Patrick

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: