Views
Helpful
Replies

Moving configuration between PIX's

faxfan2002
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Is there a documented procedure for moving config's between PIX's? Basically we have a PIX cluster (515's running 6.2) and want to test the upgrade. So we've borrowed another 515, put our running config on to it - but suprise, suprise can't login. I assume mis-matching keys for AAA etc. Not knowing too much about this I'm wondering if there is a set procedure for dealing with this? I assume there is since people replacing hardware must happen quite often. Tried searching the knowledge base but....

3 Replies 3

Patrick Iseli
Level 7
Level 7

You have to do a password recovery !

See this document:

Password Recovery and AAA Configuration Recovery Procedure for the PIX:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/vpndevc/ps2030/products_password_recovery09186a008009478b.shtml

sincerely

Patrick

I've done that and no joy!!!

Have you loaded the password recovery file through tftp, and you still could not erase the password????

It should work, make sure you are downloading the right file (for 6.2) and make sure you loaded through tftp, and it should work fine...

Regards,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card