Views
Helpful
Replies

MPLS, GRE & Cisco Pix Complications

johnmcc
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have a client with an MPLS network between all there remote sites with backup IPSEC vpn tunnels over the internet if the mpls goes down. This is working correctly.

However now the client wants to split the traffic in some form for example route time sensitive traffic down the mpls and non critical traffic over the ipsec vpn.

People have recommened GRE in the Past however my problem is that in the remote site its an 1841 with a serial WIC to terminate the mpls, fa0/1 is the internet facing port and fa0/0 the lan port

in the central site where the ipsec vpns are terminated is a cisco pix 515e running IOS v7 and another seperate 1841 with serial wic terminate mpls again, fa0/0 is the lan and in this case fa0/1 is not connected.

Can someone suggest/point me in the right direction regarding a way of doing this as i keep drawing up hurdles because of the pix, which as this moment in time is not viable to remove out of the equation!

Thanks in advance!

1 Reply 1

b.hsu
Level 5
Level 5

Use Cisco PIX 500 Series Security Appliances Configure for configuration examples.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/vpndevc/ps2030/tsd_products_support_configure.html?q=

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card