cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MS NT Domain Controller not seen

timparkerEB
Level 1
Level 1

I have just put in a set of 525's and have a couple servers that are reporting that they can't seem to get to the Domain controllers.

I have access-list statements from the 3 subnets to each of the 3 DC's (two of which are through the inside interface (a T1 back to our corporate office). I am allowing netbios-ssn, netbios-dgm and netbios-ns. What else am I missing. Thanks.

Tim

8 Replies 8

mostiguy
Level 6
Level 6

Do you have any logs?

What kind of servers are they? If win2k, they might be using port 445 (smb over ip), among others

I have one that is NT4 SP6a (application server) and at least one more that is Win2k Server (Web Server). Is there an easy way to see what is "missing" or needed? I did just find another article that talks about also needing port 135 TCP I believe. I have 137 TCP, 138 UDP and 139 UDP.....

i would enable tcp and udp for all of those ports. 135 will definitely be needed - it is critical for rpc and some other functions. You might be able to get more granular, but you probably need tcp and udp for 135, 137 and 139. udp only for 138

Great. Are there existing port names that will cover these or should I just use the port numbers? I already have netbios-ssn(139 not sure TCP or UDP), netbios-dgm (UDP138) and netbios-ns (UDP 137)

Are there others? I don't see any in the books that I have so far. I will add 135 to a segment and try it out.

Thanks.

you need tcp 445 also. i just ran into this problem yesterday.

How did you solve this issue?

I cannot effectively browse the NT network, but I can map using ip not names. I can vpn client can access email internet and intanet sites, but not shared drives.

any configs or sugestions.

Thanks

NT browsing requires WINS setup. Do you have it setup?

wins is setup

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: