Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

MS VPN Client Connents, But No Access to Inside Resources

Hi All,

We had our PIX 515e installed by a security expert. I'm new to PIX. We have several site to site VPN connections that work fine. We have 501s connecting to the HQ 515e thru dynamic and static IPs.

My problem is I have the need to use MS VPN clients to make connections to our internal resources. The connection is made and authenticated, but I cannot PING, VNC or map drives to our internal servers. I can see that 209 bytes are returned from the PIX, but that's it.

I connectioned to HQ from dial-up to the internet and thru a home DSL network and the results are the same.

I attached a recent config.

Any help would be appreciated, because we are non-profit and our budget is tight!

Thanks!!

Vince

3 REPLIES

Re: MS VPN Client Connents, But No Access to Inside Resources

here's the config

Can't anyone help me with this?

I also tried NAT-Traversal 20, Fixup PPTP and GRE, but nothing is working.

Thanks!

On the TCP properties of the connection the VPN uses do you have "Client for Microsoft Networks" and "File and Print Sharing" selected? Also, what IP range are you assigning to the VPN client? You may need a route statement on a inside router to tell the packets how to get back out to the VPN subnet. Check these things and then replay back and we can take it from there.

Hope this helps

Please remember to rate all replies

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content