cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Multiple connections from same IP to VPN 3005

bsummer
Level 1
Level 1

VPN running latest software, clients running latest or 3.5.2(?)

We have about 8 users staying in the same hotel with high speed connection. The hotel lan is running NAT so all our users end up with the same IP address to the public.

The VPN concentrator is only allowing one connection per IP. Is there a quick and simple way to fix this?

IPSec over UDP

Client AUTH to NT

DHCP pool on the concentrator

clients using DHCP

All are using the same group which allows multiple conn's but obviously not from the same IP.

Any ideas?

2 Replies 2

gfullage
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The fact you're doing IPSec over UDP should get around this problem. Are you sure this feature is enabled, it needs to be enabled in both the client AND the concentrator group, not just one side. You can tell if it's really running by double-clicking on the padlock icon after the tunnel is built, it should say Transparent Tunnelling is Active and Tunnel Port is UDP 10000.

If it is indeed turned on, then I'd say it's more that the hotels PAT device is not working too well. When you say the VPN conc is "only allowing one connection per IP", what do you mean by that exactly? What are the subsequent users who try to get on seeing?

Transparent Tunnelling is Active and Tunnel Port is UDP 10000..

First user connects fine. Once another attempts to connect the connected user will get disconnected with a warning dialog saying "The remote peer has terminated your VPN Connection".

The concentrator is not showing any error in the logs. The log entry for the user that got disconnected is as if the user initiated the disconnect. I attempted to connect my laptop and pc from home and it did just as the techs say. IPsec logs on client machines also show nothing.

Thanks for your help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: