cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Multiple instances of CSIDS Unix ovw sessions?

m-raft
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to run multiple sessions of OVW on the Unix director. I need to have several analysts actively looking at the alerts screens. I have been told that this will cause sychronization problems but I recall having seen this before. I was planning on having each user telnet in uniquely and export a display to their local machine to monitor alerts. Anybody doing this? Having problems?

Thanks in advance

3 Replies 3

brenden
Level 1
Level 1

Yes you can run multiple ovw sessions. The person who told you that there will be synchronization problems is correct. However, you can remedy that by selecting Refresh from the Map menu.

The 2nd and so on screens will be Read-Only too as well. It's a limitation of the OpenView software, and Cisco is supposed to find another solution.

Cisco - have you guys found anything yet?

you have to create read-write maps and to asign them to different users, reason why is that in current setup you have only one read-write map, all other will be in read only mode.

for the sake of security, do not use telnet, use ssh and then send the ovw session back through that tunnel. you can use exceed, for example.

regards,

ross

Many of these issues are discussed in detail in the Unix DIrector User Guides.

Refer to:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/iaabu/csids/csids7/unix_cfg/advanced.htm#xtocid2528050

Read the following sections closely:

Multi-User Issues with HP OpenView

Overview

Allowing Access to HP OpenView but Not to IDS Data

Allowing Concurrent HP OpenView Sessions with Access to IDS Data

Allowing Access to IDS Data to Users Other Than netrangr

Limiting Access to Director Security Information

Overview

Disabling nrdirmap

Setting User Groups

Setting Map Groups and Permissions

Running Multiple User Interface Sessions Concurrently

Using Read-Only Maps

Configuring Non-netrangr Users

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: