Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

multiple ipsec settings in one

hi all

At my company we have about 25 remote offices connected to us via vpn lines. I was wondering if its possible for me to make a single IPsec setting on my firewall for all of the 25 vpn lines.

And also,is it possible to connect a firewall directly to a router using a cross cable of some sort without connecting both devices to a switch/vlan.

Thanks.

1 REPLY

Re: multiple ipsec settings in one

You can use a crossover cable to connect the firewall to the router. This crosses pins 1,2,3, & 6, which is what Ethernet uses.

For the 25 remotes, you can certainly use the same transform set and key (although you may not want to use the same key). If you use dynamic crypto maps, you can have all of the remote sites connect to the central site. You will need to define interesting traffic in the "nat 0" statement if it's a PIX, and also define what traffic should be encrypted.

I would create a separate peer for each remote, defining what traffic gets encrypted.

Views
Helpful
Replies