cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Multiple IPSec terminations

ronanmccarthy
Level 1
Level 1

we have 3 remote ipsec sessions to connect to our external router, l2tp, vpn client and gre, how do I make the crypto maps work, should there be one uber crypto map for all applications associated with the external interface, and if so would i apply that to the VT int on the l2tp profile as well. I want to have different ip pools for each session. should I use acl's to define the traffic on the crypto map ?

Tks,

R

2 Replies 2

awaheed
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Ronan,

If you are not using IPSec/L2TP and plain L2TP then you should not have to apply the crypto map on the VT interface. Additionally you can only have a single crypto map applied per interface, so for both the VPN clients and the Site to Site (IPSec/GRE) you would have to define it under the same Crypto map.

Hope this helps,

AAmir

-=-=-

we are using all three over IPSEC, L2TP, VPN Client & GRE. So I will have to extend my crypto Map to enable all to work then ?

Tks,

Ronan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: