cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Multiple PIX-PIX Site to Site VPN

mpdavies
Level 1
Level 1

I am configuring multiple site to site VPN connections using PIX firewalls to terminate (in a hub, spoke configuration). I get to create my next crypto map seq-number on the hub PIX and the firewall collapses. However, the previously configured ipsec tunnels stay active but i cannot use any of the static routes configured to access external networks , NAT fails, internet access etc.

we have tried CLEAR CRYPTO IPSEC SA, CLEAR CRYPTO ISAKMP SA and reloads to no avail.

What could be wrong ? Any help would be appreciated.

2 Replies 2

mike-greene
Level 4
Level 4

Hi, make sure your not pointing the second crypto map match address to an access list that is not there.

Is there any way you can post your config?

Thanks Mike, I have it resolved now.

I found that when I started my next 'crypto map mapname 10 ...... ' command, the firewall would knock out other connections through the firewall that I had allowed, e.g. stop machines with static routes getting outside, like my proxy server.

Once I had completed the crypto map set, then the connections were once again available.

The workround I used was to cut and past into the firwall the whole specific crypto set all at the same time, eg

crypto map SPAIN 10 ipsec-isakmp

crypto map SPAIN 10 match address 105

crypto map SPAIN 10 set peer 10x.10x.10x.10x

crypto map SPAIN 10 set transform-set MADRID

very strange, but thanks again.