Views
Helpful
Replies

Multiple VPN clients at one location to Cisco 506E

lbravo
Level 1
Level 1

Hi:

I have remote location with multiple VPN clients accessing the 506E. But only one client at a time can connect. The next connection kills the prior connection (probably because they all get assigned the same ip address?). Is this supposed to happen? or do I have a configuration problem?

5 Replies 5

aperez
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

I´ve got the same problem exactly, with several VPN clients and one connection. If i connect with differents IPS connections, the tunnels run very well.

Before i configured this scenario, i probed with two routers (there are two areas in the same builging) configured for connecting the tunnel with the firewall, but the result was the same (without VPN client, of course): only 1 tunnel at the same time.

Please, could you reply me the solution when you´ll know it?

Hi aperez:

I've was informed today that this configuration (several VPN clients through one connection) is not supported--will have to use hardware-based VPN solution-PIX to PIX.

brianz
Level 1
Level 1

I thought 506e 3DES should allow as many VPN clients as you want to log in? I have one of these on order for my network. I am trying to find the best and easiest solution to get my VPN up and running. I would like to use the 3DES feature for my clients, I guess this is why alot of people use Microsoft VPN with the Pix firewalls in a small office.

from the 506E Data Sheet:

Simultaneous VPN peers: 25*

* Maximum number of simultaneous site-to-site or remote access VPN/IKE Security Associations (SAs) supported

Yes--but can I have more than 1 PC at one remote location (all using the same Cisco VPN software) connect to the 506E.

Can I have 5 Cisco VPN PC's at one remote location access the 506E concurrently?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: