cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

My applications that pass through pix is JDBC and MQ were constantly droped

xbw
Level 1
Level 1

I have some applications in my enviroment that has excetionally long connection timers that being dropped by the pix. Please tell me how config the long connections basing on different applications?

My applications that pass through pix is JDBC and MQ.TO keep alive the connections of the applications.The applications have to send hello packets every a few seconds.Which will consume a plenty of the resource of network.What configuration can I do.Please help me .

3 Replies 3

mchin345
Level 6
Level 6

For LAN-based failover, the configuration on the two units differs slightly, because you must set up the Ethernet link in advance. You must also define each unit as a primary or secondary unit within the configuration (as opposed to cable-based failover, where the serial failover cable itself defines these roles). The active unit sends the configuration in running memory to the standby unit. On the standby unit, the configuration exists only in running memory. You can optionally save the configuration to Flash memory using the write memory command. If you save the configuration to Flash memory, and you reboot the standby unit when the active unit is unavailable, the standby unit can become the active unit because it has a valid configuration.

For more information refer to the following url:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/secursw/ps2120/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a008017278a.html

My pix failover is normal.And they are working at cable-based failover.But some applications ,such as JDBC and MQ, are droped by pix.Those applications need to longer timer.How can I do?!

Which protocol and port does these applications use?

JDBC is just a API for connecting to databases from Java-applications/applets AFAIK. The other 'application' you are referring to, MQ, is unknown to me.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card