Views
Helpful
Replies

Nac Agent do not execute remediation

sp2891311
Level 1
Level 1

Hi to all,

in a lab enviroment i have configured a CAM/CAS solution on 3310 server and I have installed 2 pc (one windows Vista and one XP) with nac client 4.6.2.133 version.

My problem is auto-remediation and manual-remediation, client get me a temporaney access but do not start a live update programa (i use symantec endpoint protection 11).

I have admin right on both pc.

Why I can solve the problem?

Thanks for help

1 Reply 1

tprendergast
Level 3
Level 3

There is not automatic remediation for all products. You must launch the endpoint protection, click live-update, then re-scan on the NAC agent and you will pass.

Quote from Cisco Doc (http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/nac/appliance/configuration_guide/45/cam/m_agent.html):

"•Not all product versions of a particular vendor may support the Clean Access Agent launching the automatic update of the product. In this case, you can provide instructions (via the Description field of the AV or AS Definition Update requirement) to have users update their AV or AS definition files from the interface of their installed AV or AS product."

If you have verified that your requirement-rule is specifically for Symantec Endpoint Protection 11, and the rule has automatic remediation configured, then it may fall into this scenario. You may also have it configured where the endpoint protection is not accessible to the end-user and requires admin rights to launch. Please put the client in debug and send the results to TAC for analysis, as it would be the best bet for you to get a clear answer.

Hope that helps, rate if it does.

Cheers,

Tim

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card