Views
Helpful
Replies

NAC and Microsoft SMS

shuman13x
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Does NAC Windows patch remediation works with Microsoft SMS server? I understand it works with WSUS but is it able to integrate with SMS?

Thanks.

5 Replies 5

blaxucisco
Level 1
Level 1

Hi shuman,

cisco nac supports wsus, sms or sccm.

thank you

Hi blaxucisco,

Thanks for the info. May i know is there a doc on how to configure sms/sccm remediation? Even from guide 4.7.2, i only noticed Windows Updates and WSUS requirement. Do I need to user Launch Programs requirement for sms/sccm?

Thanks.

Hi,

There isn't any 'native' support for those products. You can however check for registry keys or files that are present on your client systems that might be associated with those products. Natively CCA can check for WSUS and WU only for Windows updates.

HTH,

Faisal

Hi Shuman,

in my understanding, WSUS is integrated part of the SMS and SCCM. we don't need to do any extra thing for SMS and SCCM. WSUS related configuration on the NAC will work.

Faisal, any  advice???

Thank you

Hi,

I'm not sure how tightly integrated SCCM/SMS and WSUS are, but when I said natively, I meant that CCA only has the requirement types for WSUS. For the others you'll have to rely on File Checks and/or Registry Checks.

HTH,

Faisal

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card