cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

NAC appliance autonomous APs

pete.gill
Level 1
Level 1

I am looking for a configuration assistance for using SSO with autonomous (IOS) based Cisco access points and NAC appliance 4.1(3). I am familiar with configuring SSO with WLC/LWAPP access points using the same Radius accounting method as remote access VPN configurations, but haven't been able to test/try it with an IOS AP. Is it configured the same way (except each AP is added as a "concentrator")? Will the Radius attribute be passed correctly to the NAC appliance CAS if I do it this way? Would I still use a virtual gateway CAS?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2 Replies 2

owillins
Level 6
Level 6

Go through this Release Notes for Cisco NAC Appliance (Cisco Clean Access), Version 4.1(3) .

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/nac/appliance/release_notes/413/413rn.html

Yes, I saw that it isn't necessarily supported in the release notes. However, I was looking to try maybe using AD SSO or something to make it work. I'm also trying to figure out the best way to configure the CAS (Virtual GW/Real IP), as well as a good example of a successful install with autonomous access points. I have not found any on Cisco's site.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card