cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

NAC appliance basic setup

arturo_servin
Level 1
Level 1

I have a small project to authenticate around 100 users to access the network. We are planning to use the Cisco NAC appliance. Just to clarify (I have seen some post but I am not sure of the right answer) Do I need 2 separate appliances, one as server and the other as controller; or I just need one doing both tasks?

Thanks,

-Arturo

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

pmccubbin
Level 5
Level 5

Hi Arturo,

You need two appliances to make it work. One manager and one server.

There is an excellent book from the Cisco Press on the NAC Appliance by James Heary which will provide you with plenty of details and background on setting up the appliances.

Hope this helps.

Paul

View solution in original post

acharyr123
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

U need 2 devices to scatter this service. 1 will act as server who will push all policies to the end clients & the other will work as manager where the config will be done.

Rate if it helps

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

pmccubbin
Level 5
Level 5

Hi Arturo,

You need two appliances to make it work. One manager and one server.

There is an excellent book from the Cisco Press on the NAC Appliance by James Heary which will provide you with plenty of details and background on setting up the appliances.

Hope this helps.

Paul

acharyr123
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

U need 2 devices to scatter this service. 1 will act as server who will push all policies to the end clients & the other will work as manager where the config will be done.

Rate if it helps

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card